The Central Missouri Foster Care & Adoption Association is seeking applications for the following positions. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to DeAnna Alonso at email@example.com.
FAMILY DEVELOPMENT TRAINER
The Central Missouri Foster Care & Adoption Association is seeking applications for an immediate opening for a Family Development Trainer. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to DeAnna Alonso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Serve as the Family Development Trainer with primary responsibility in service delivery/training delivery of the licensing program, foster/adoptive/relative/kinship/respite provider training and family development. This position will operate out of the Columbia, Boone County CMFCAA office.
- Recruit, train, and support families involved with the foster/adoptive/kinship programs resulting in development of quality foster/adoptive/kinship/relative/respite providers.
- Facilitate training requirements and opportunities for foster/adoptive/kinship/relative/respite providers.
- Accept licensing referrals from Family Development Supervisor and conduct introductory contacts.
- Ensure that all requirements of the initial homestudy/licensing process is completed as part of the Family Development Progra,
- Conduct in-home consultations and follow up meetings with applicants/providers.
- Drive throughout the state on an occasional basis during the day and evenings to attend in-service training, to conduct foster/adoptive/kinship training and to complete assessments on applicant foster/adoptive/kinship providers as needed or assigned.
- Compile and organize all home studies, renewals, adoption updates, and progress notes.
- Support and provide resource referrals for families enrolled in licensing training programming or on waitlist for such services
- Attend necessary trainings for satisfactory completion of assigned duties.
- Responsible for joining in the Family Development Team and working to meet department goals.
- Maintain regular contact with the contractors to ensure they are completing quality work in a timely manner.
- Complete agency reports and statistics as needed or assigned.
- Recruit potential Foster/Adoptive Parents including but not limited to helping staff booths at exhibits, helping conduct information meetings, contacting radio stations, newspapers, etc., to advertise our services, speaking in churches and other organizations.
- Maintain regular and professional contact with community agencies including Children’s Division and/or related agencies. Attend trainings/meetings as required.
- Remain flexible in work hours in order to attend to family crisis situations as they arise.
- Schedule work hours to meet the needs of your job requirements.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
To be successful in executing the responsibilities and duties assigned in this job, a person must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. This person must be self-motivated and able to make quality, ethical decisions independent of supervision when necessary. This person must also be a team player, willing to assist in the overall delivery of services to the population of families served by Central Missouri Foster Care and Adoption Association (CMFCAA) as required.
- Responsible for contributing to a positive work culture within Family Development department and within the agency overall.
- Consistently treat families and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Work as a necessary part of a team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of CMFCAA.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and supports provided to foster and adoptive children and families in Missouri.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Be able to work well independently as well as a member of a team. Must have excellent time management and organizational skills Proficient in Word and Excel. Must have the capability of communicating ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. As well as the aptitude to problem-solve and implement solutions in response to complex issues.