Topics and trainers are the same for each county.
||CMFCAA/MO DSS CD
||Foster Parent Bill of Rights
||CMFCAA/MO DSS CD
||IMPACT (Laclede, Boone)
||Brain Balance Achievement Center (Cole, Phelps and Camden)
||Julie Bailey, Program Director
||Foster Parent College Intro
||Online Link Provided (no onsite trainings)
||Adopting Your Foster Child
||Attorney, Gerard “Jay” Harms
||FosterAdoptConnect, Heather Saak
||Grief & Loss, Recovering From Placements
||Denise Rice, MSW, LCSW
||De-Escalation / Brain Balance (Boone)
Grief and Loss, Recovering from Placements
|MRN & CASA Executives
||Mental Health Trainers Certified in YMHFA
- Each In-Service training provides 2 hours of CEU credits towards MO DSS CD requirements.
- Child enrichment programming and a healthy meal are provided at each training. No fee for child enrichments.
- POC (Point of Contacts) are provided for each county. (We are still working on a few counties and will notify once your POC has been identified.)
- Meetings are held from 5:30-8 or from 6-8:30pm each month with exception of May and December there will be no trainings. New for April 2017 Online training opportunity
Two family films (Closure and Foster Care Film) will be shown if training credits are not approved per your supervisor.
The competency categories for foster parents include:
- Protecting and nurturing
- Meeting developmental needs and addressing developmental delays
- Supporting relationships between children and their birth families
- Connecting children to safe, nurturing relationships intended to last a lifetime
- Working as a member of a professional team.
In addition to our monthly parent In Service training, CMFCAA hosts a Spring Seminar specializing in Trauma Informed Child Behavioral Therapy each May. This opportunity is open to all families as well as social work and mental health professionals. CMFCAA is able to offer CEU credits to professionals during this event.
In Service Schedules per County:
All In Service trainings are held with a meal and childcare provided at no cost to the families. Reservations are REQUIRED to participate in the meal and childcare.